This workshop will look at the similarities and differences between the Living Community and the Living Building Challenges, the built environment's most rigorous performance standards. Attendees will learn what makes a community sustainable and why certain parameters should be considered when building and connecting a vibrant, healthy and sustainable community. Attendees will include anyone interested in making their neighborhood more sustainable, planners committed to creating equitable places and green infrastructure, and community members ready to learn more about the Living Community Challenge program.
You can sign up for the full series at a discount, or elect to register for just the sessions you're interested in attending. If you are a member of the Institute or the Cascadia Green Building Council or the Canada Green Building Council, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to access your membership discount to this webinar series.
- Introduction to the Living Community Challenge, Tuesday, March 8th, 2016
- Living Community Patterns, Tuesday, April 12th, 2016
- New Perspectives in Urban Design: Placemaking, Biophilia and Rewilding, Tuesday, May 24th, 2016
- Urban Agriculture and Community Food Systems, Tuesday, June 21st, 2016
- Human Scaled Mobility, Tuesday, July 12th, 2016