In our latest issue of Trim Tab, our quarterly e-magazine, the International Living Future Institute takes a comprehensive look at resilience in design, in communities and in nature. As usual, this issue is an amalgamation of stories from leading deep green thinkers, activists, practitioners and pioneering organizations.
In our feature articles, we hear from:
- Greg Mella of SmithGroup JJR on the intersection of resilience and sustainability in the design of The Chesapeake Bay Foundation's Brock Environmental Center
- ILFI CEO Jason F McLennan on the importance of system boundaries for truly resilient systems
- Casey Cullen with the Willow School, Emilie Hagen of Atelier Ten and Rollie Jones of Environmental Connections, Inc. with reflections on the resilience of East Coasters and their communities in the wake of Hurricane Sandy
- Bill McKibben of 350.org on how the green building industry can help save the world
- Paul Werder of Lionheart Consulting, Inc. on the value of spiritual resilience
- Staff contributors Michael Berrisford, Murray Cizon, Joanna Gangi and Jay Kosa
We'd like to thank everyone for their hard work and keen insights in creating another great issue. Enjoy the magazine and let us know what you think.