Title: Community Engagement Manager
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
Starting Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Location: Seattle, WA
Background and Scope of Responsibility
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI) seeks to inspire and support a global network of advocates to achieve a living future that is culturally rich, socially just and ecologically restorative. The Living Future Network provides an opportunity to broaden the audience for ILFI’s mission, initiatives and programs by enhancing our community standing and visibility and building interest and capacity in the marketplace.
The Community Engagement Manager’s role is to engage our community of stakeholders, volunteers and customers nationally and internationally including overseeing 90+ collaborative groups in over 50 countries, and 700+ volunteer ambassadors together with the Network Coordinator. The Manager also oversees and facilitates our Youth Leadership Council, Living Future Network Volunteer Day, and strategic growth of our Network nationally and internationally to support our Strategic Plan
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and a passion in community engagement, business development and/or leading/engaging volunteers. They should have familiarity with the green building and sustainable development field, be exceptionally organized, be a strategic thinker and have demonstrated expertise with Salesforce. A multi-tasking self-starter with exemplary communication skills will thrive in this position.
The position will be filled in Seattle, Washington and will involve travel across North America and perhaps beyond. ILFI also has staff and programs in Portland, OR; Chicago, IL; Pittsburgh, PA and Boston, MA. ILFI offers a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented workplace that is mission driven. While the work is demanding, the hours are often flexible, benefits are generous, and good times are frequent.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and is supplemented by ILFI’s generous benefits package that includes health, vision and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement matching, three weeks of paid annual leave and 12 days paid annual sick leave.
Description of Duties
- Strategically develop relationships with our community in order to support growth of our programs and identify business development opportunities to grow our global network.
- Manage the Global Network Coordinator, who supports our volunteer Collaboratives and Ambassadors, and provide leadership for these programs.
- Work with the CEO and senior program directors to create a strategic vision for the program, establish budgets and work plans, and ensure that the strategic plan goals determined by the board are tracked and met.
- Manage the growth and maintenance of volunteer and community trainings, tools, and resources to ensure they are effective together with the Education Manager.
- Identify and recruit key professionals to grow the network in critical markets and regions.
- Manage the collaborative work planning process, budgeting and relationships and be a positive, supportive face of ILFI for our volunteers. Manage accurate and timely reporting and coordination with accounting and development staff around the collaboratives’ finances.
- Manage the systems and IT needed to make the Network run as efficiently as possible. Initiate new ideas and systems to streamline processes and reduce staff time within the resources available.
- Work collaboratively with the program, education, events and communications teams to ensure that the collaborative network is fully engaged with our programs, events and outreach.
- Participate in the annual sponsorship campaign and with grant and board reporting when needed.
- Represent the Institute at specific events, committees and present to external audiences when needed.
- Oversee our community engagement at the Institute’s annual conferences including Living Future and the Living Product Expo and oversee our presence at the Greenbuild conference including evening events and after-parties.
- 5-10 years experience in community engagement, volunteer management or business development that involve strategic planning and cross-departmental collaboration.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated familiarity/experience with the green building, community development, sustainable product or energy/climate field.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and project management systems using Mac based software.
- Demonstrated experience working with and presenting to large groups of professionals or teams across the country or globe.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently and in a fast-paced entrepreneurial work setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to and passion for ILFI’s mission.
- Friendly, outgoing nature and an eagerness to serve the public interest.
- Project management and staff management experience.
- Communications and/or social media experience.
ILFI IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live in order to achieve a living future that is socially just, cultural rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: “Last Name, First Name – Community Engagement Manager”
Closing Date: Open until filled. We will begin reviewing applications on March 10th.