Title: Declare and Living Building Challenge Materials Petal Coordinator
Status: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Declare Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
Background and Scope of Responsibility
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI) seeks an exceptional Intern to support the Declare Program in the Seattle Office. ILFI’s mission is to lead and support the transformation toward communities that are socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. Declare, an ingredient disclosure tool for building materials, aims to transform the marketplace through transparency and open communication.
The successful candidate must exhibit a strong passion for the environment and the organization’s mission as a whole. A keen sense of organization and the ability to self-start and work with minimal direction is key. High competency with Mac-based computers is a must, ability to read construction drawings and specifications, and a basic knowledge of the design and construction process is required. Some knowledge of Salesforce and Adobe InDesign is highly desired but not required.
The Coordinator will assist with the outreach and education of manufacturers interested in obtaining a Declare label and product specifiers accessing the Declare database; work with the ILFI Products team to strengthen and support the Declare program to identify and highlight healthier more ecologically sound products and materials; and support the product assessor network and grow capacity in the material disclosure consulting market. For more information on the Declare program visit living-future.org/declare.
Description of Duties
- Provide answers to general inquiries about the program through the Declare Support customer service platform.
- Educate manufacturers about the Declare program and be able to articulate the benefits of participation in Declare.
- Review product applications and draft labels, maintain the Declare database and publish new and renewed labels, and maintain Salesforce records for the Declare program.
- Assist project teams attempting the Living Building Challenge, with a special focus on those attempting the Materials Petal.
- Develop education and resource materials related to the Living Building Challenge Material Petal.
- Assist with research related to Declare and integration in the Living Product Challenge.
- Assist with research related to the Red List and its impact on Declare and the Living Building Challenge
- Bachelor Degree or higher in a related field such as architecture, engineering, environmental science or supply chain management.
- Ability to read construction documents and a basic knowledge of construction means and methods.
- A demonstrated passion for the ILFI mission and for sustainable business.
- Interest in green building design, construction strategies, technologies and materials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy organization.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and/or Salesforce CRM preferred.
ILFI IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live in order to achieve a living future that is socially just, cultural rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: “Last Name, First Name – Declare Coordinator”. We will begin reviewing applications on March 12th.