Title: Declare and Living Building Challenge Materials Petal Intern
Reports to: Declare Coordinator
Hours: Temporary, up to 40 hours per week
Location: Seattle, WA
Background and Scope of Responsibility
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI) seeks an exceptional Intern to support the Declare Program in the Seattle Office. ILFI’s mission is to lead and support the transformation toward communities that are socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. Declare, an ingredient disclosure tool for building materials, aims to transform the marketplace through transparency and open communication.
The successful candidate must exhibit a strong passion for the environment and the organization’s mission as a whole. A keen sense of organization and the ability to self-start and work with minimal direction is key. High competency with Mac-based computers is a must and knowledge of Salesforce and Adobe InDesign is highly desired but not required.
The Intern will assist with the outreach and education of manufacturers interested in obtaining a Declare label and product specifiers accessing the Declare database and work with the ILFI Products team to strengthen and support the Declare program to identify and highlight healthier more ecologically sound products and materials. For more information on the Declare program visit living-future.org/declare.
Description of Duties
- Provide answers to general inquiries about the program through the Declare Support customer service platform
- Educate manufacturers about the Declare program and be able to articulate the benefits of participation in Declare.
- Draft labels for complete Declare applications
- Maintain the Declare database and publish new labels of Living Building Challenge compliant materials and contact information in Salesforce, the information will be taken from project team lists and materials submittal forms.
- Maintain and update Salesforce records for the Declare program
- Create and maintain the program outreach list and contact key manufacturers
- Assist with research related to Declare and integration in the Living Product Challenge
- Assist with research related to the Red List and its impact on Declare and the Living Building Challenge
- Studies in a related field such as architecture, engineering, environmental science or supply chain management.
- A demonstrated passion for the ILFI mission and for sustainable business.
- Interest in green building design, construction strategies, technologies and materials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy organization.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and/or Salesforce CRM preferred.
ILFI IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live in order to achieve a living future that is socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represents voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: “Last Name, First Name – Declare Intern”
Applications will close on March 31st.