Title: Just Intern
Reports to: Just Manager
Hours: Temporary, 40 hours per week May through August (specific timing to be determined)
Location: Seattle, WA
Background and Scope of Responsibility
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI) seeks a summer intern to support the Just program. ILFI is a creative, high-impact organization whose mission is to lead and support the transformation toward communities that are socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. The successful candidate must exhibit a strong passion for the environment and the organization’s mission as a whole.
The Just program is a voluntary disclosure tool for organizations to disclose their operations, including how they treat their employees and where they make financial and community investments. This position will be located in ILFI’s Seattle office at the Bullitt Center.
Description of Duties
- Support the development of new iteration of Social Justice Organizational Transparency Platform (JUST Program)
- Research, write and publish updated JUST Program User Manual
- Assist in the dissemination of JUST organization case studies to a target group of prospective users
- Research and publish an updated policy template toolkit
- Provide customer service to existing JUST Program users
- Prepare and publish new JUST labels
- Studies in a related field such as corporate social responsibility, organizational development, HR management, sustainable business
- Demonstrated interest and passion for social justice and social equity in the workplace issues
- Demonstrated awareness of the business impacts for investments in equity, diversity and inclusion
- Ability to research information and engage in detailed analysis
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Adobe InDesign
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy organization.
- Knowledge of green building design, construction strategies, technologies and materials and the ability to articulate the environmental, health, and economic benefits of green building.
ILFI IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live in order to achieve a living future that is socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represents voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: “Last Name, First Name – Just Intern”
Applications will close on March 31st.