Title: Living Building Challenge Coordinator
Status: Full time, exempt
Reports to: Certification Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI), a dynamic and solutions-oriented non-profit, seeks an exceptional Living Building Challenge (LBC) Coordinator. ILFI’s mission is to lead and support the transformation toward communities that are socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. The Living Building Challenge is widely accepted as the most innovative green building standard in the world. It defines the most advanced measure of sustainability in the built environment possible today and acts to diminish the gap between current limits and ideal solutions. The successful candidate must exhibit a strong passion for the environment and the organization’s mission.
The LBC Coordinator role is to provide support in the resources, research, and certification areas of the Living Building Challenge program, as well as daily customer service support.
While the majority of the work will be internally focused, the role requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. The successful applicant must be a multi-tasking, self-starter with knowledge of green building and online technologies; and have careful organization skills, the ability to work independently, and the ability to flexibly reprioritize in response to the needs of the organization our project team community.
This job is full time, exempt, and requires a willingness to work a flexible schedule. ILFI has offices in Seattle, WA, Portland, OR, and Pittsburgh, PA as well as additional remote staff across the country. This position will be filled in Seattle, WA. This position may require periodic travel within the Pacific Northwest and occasionally beyond.
ILFI offers a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented workplace that is mission driven. Compensation is commensurate with experience and is supplemented by ILFI’s generous benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, employee life insurance, 403(b) retirement matching, three weeks of paid annual leave and twelve days annual sick leave.
description of duties
Customer Service and Certification Support
- Answer customer questions by email or via phone. Questions may range from general to technical and be in regards to the Living Building Challenge, the Living Community Challenge, or other programs.
- Track and analyze patterns in customer service questions through the Help Scout Platform to inform resource development, program evolution, business development and other aspects of our work and program.
- Develop SOPs for the areas of work covered in this position.
- Administer the certification award process.
- Other customer service, certification, and other program support as needed.
- Develop and maintain technical resources and tools pertaining to the Living Building Challenge.
- Layout resource documents and slideshows according to ILFI branding using provided templates.
- Provide detailed research and data analysis regarding program statistics and impact, including LBC, Affordable Housing, and grants funded work.
- Support the Living Building Challenge staff with a variety of research and education related tasks.
- Outreach to the Living Building Challenge community regarding sponsorship and participation in our programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to job duties and green building professions.
- 1-3 years experience within green building or a related field.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, InDesign, Word and Excel.
- Strong ability and affinity for basic office computer programs with the ability to learn new software applications. Hardware and software will be Mac based.
- Friendly, outgoing nature and an eagerness to serve the public interest. An ability to go with the flow in a fast paced, high-energy organization is a key to success in this job.
- Demonstrated commitment to ILFI’s mission.
- Experience with SalesForce, data analytics, business, or real-estate finance.
- Skills in 2D or 3D rendering or other Mac-based graphics.
THE INTERNATIONAL LIVING FUTURE INSTITUTE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live in order to achieve a living future that is socially just, cultural rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: “Last Name, First Name – LBC Coordinator“. We will be reviewing applications on March 12th.