The Living Building Challenge™ is the most rigorous performance standard for the built environment. It calls for the creation of building projects at all scales that operate as cleanly, beautifully and efficiently as nature’s architecture. To be certified under the Challenge, projects must meet a series of ambitious performance requirements, including net zero energy, waste, and water over a minimum of 12 months of continuous occupancy.
The Understanding the Living Building Challenge online workshop provides an in-depth introduction to the Living Building Challenge ideology and certificate process. Attendees are the green building leaders in their community: design professionals, contractors, developers, owners, government officials and employees of public agencies. In short, anyone and everyone who can impact the development of the built environment.
- Identify the key components of the Living Building Challenge
- Discuss the rationale for restorative design principles
- Understand successful strategies for compliance with each performance area
- Recognize financial, regulatory and behavioral barriers and incentives related to high performance design
- Describe the Living Building Challenge Community resources and certification process
This online course consist of 4 on-demand webinars with supplemental readings.
In order to earn credits and a Certificate of Completion you must complete all 4 webinars and pass all 4 quizzes with a grade of 80% or better.
This workshop is approved for 4 AIA LU|HSW credits, 4 GBCI CEs, and 4 Living Future Accreditation (LFA) hours.