This three-hour class, taught by Brad Liljequist, the International Living Future Institute’s Director of Zero Energy, will be a broad ranging overview of the Living Building Challenge, recognized as the world’s most stringent green building system, as well as the Institute’s Zero Energy Building Certification. The class will also include a deep dive into three LBC and ZE case studies. A companion tour of the Arch|Nexus Sacramento office may be registered for separately. This class is provided as part of SMUD’s Living Future Project Accelerator.
- Identify the fundamental elements of the Living Building Challenge
- Understanding the basic definition of Zero Energy
- Describe predominant technologies used in zero energy buildings
- Understanding design approaches to achieving Living Building Challenge elements
This class is approved for the following continuing education credits:
- 3 LFA (Living Future Accreditation) hours
- 3 AIA LU|HSW