This workshop provides a 6-hour in-depth introduction to the Living Building Challenge. Attendees are the green building leaders in their community: design professionals, contractors, developers, owners, government officials and employees of public agencies. In short, anyone and everyone who can impact the development of the built environment.
- Identify the key components of the Living Building Challenge
- Discuss the rationale for restorative design principles
- Understand successful strategies for compliance with each performance area
- Recognize financial, regulatory and behavioral barriers and incentives related to high performance design
- Describe the Living Building Challenge Community resources and certification process
This workshop is eligible for 6 AIA LU/HSW CEUs, 6 GBCI CEUs, and 6 LFA CEUs.
Kathleen Smith, Vice President, Living Building Challenge
Kathleen Smith is an architect with more than 20 years of experience in green building, most recently with her own firm, Ecosmith Architecture & Consulting, LLC. She is a LEED Fellow and a LEED Faculty member. Kathleen has a Bachelor and Master of Architecture from the University of California at Berkeley in addition to a Permaculture Consultant’s Design Certificate from the Permaculture Institute in Santa Fe, New Mexico.