- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Sep 14 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Sep 14 2023
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Dispatches from the Regenerative Materials Movement
How can we move the lever toward a healthier, more just materials economy?
Join ILFI’s next member webinar featuring practitioners and advocates sharing their transformative insights about materials selection, equity in the materials economy, and how we leverage technology for accelerating positive change. This roundtable conversation will explore a bold vision for advancing the regenerative buildings movement in the areas of climate, health, and justice.
Attendees are encouraged to pair their webinar learning with more stories featured in ILFI’s upcoming Ecotone book, The Regenerative Materials Movement: Dispatches from Practitioners, Researchers, and Advocates, a collection of essays from thought leaders across the industry who share their stories, research, revelations, and insights.
- Gina Ciganik, CEO | Healthy Building Network
- James Kitchin, Director of Engineering and Performance & Provenance | MASS Design
- Wendy Vittori, Executive Director | HPD Collaborative
- Lindsay Baker, CEO | International Living Future Institute
- Give examples of how construction costs have been externalized by exploiting workers and the environment.
- Identify how short and simple supply chains can help you better understand the impact of building materials on people and the environment and advance the movement toward regenerative materials.
- State how approaching products as types or classes will scale progress on selecting safer materials, pollution reduction, and result in systems change.
- Describe the actions project teams and product manufacturers can take to dramatically accelerate reducing and eliminating chemical ingredients harmful to human and environmental health.
Approved for 1 LFA General Credit and 1 AIA LU|HSW.