As a member of the International Living Future Institute (ILFI), you join a network of the most innovative and inspired people within the building industry dedicated to supporting the green building movement in local communities around the world.
|If you live or work in Alaska, British
Columbia, Washington or Oregon
|If you live or work anywhere else
in the world.
While the Institute's mission is global in scope, its roots are in North America's Cascadia bioregion. In addition to joining the Institute, members in this region also join its local program and partner, the Cascadia Green Building Council (Cascadia).
- Discounts to all Cascadia & Institute events, including the Living Future unConference
Discounts on all Ecotone Publishing Books if purchased through living-future.org
Complimentary print edition of Trim Tab Magazine
Ability to earn LEED CE hours at no extra charge
Chapter-Specific Benefits for Cascadia Members
Voting Rights for Cascadia Board of Directors elections
Eligible to become Cascadia Board Member and/or Branch Chair
Additional National benefits from the CaGBC (Canadian members only)
- What is the difference between the Institute & Cascadia membership?
- Can my company become a member?
- If I become a Cascadia Chapter member, am I a member of the USGBC? CaGBC?
- Does my membership get me access to the Living Building Challenge Community?
- How much does it cost?
- How long does my membership last?
- I am unemployed and I can't afford a regularly priced membership. Can you help me?
- How can I log in to the website?
- Do you offer discounts for bulk membership purchases?
- How will I know when it's time to renew?
- Where can I find a full list of Cascadia / Institute members?
- Is my membership contribution tax deductible?
- Why should I join?
- I still have questions. What should I do?
What is the difference between the Institute & Cascadia membership?
Cascadia & the Institute memberships are interchangeable. If you join Cascadia, you are also a member of the Institute, and vice versa! The only differences are that our members who live in the Cascadia bioregion (AK, WA, BC or OR) are eligible to:
- vote in the Cascadia Board of Directors elections
- serve on the Cascadia Board of Directors and/or Branch Steering Committees
If I become a Cascadia or Institute member, do I also become a member of the USGBC? CaGBC?
No. The USGBC and CaGBC are separate organizations with separate membership programs. Cascadia is a Chapter of both the USGBC and CaGBC, however membership is not reciprocal.
Does my membership get me access to the Living Building Challenge Community?
No, not at this time. The Living Building Challenge Community is a subscribers-only section that offers technical resources for individuals or project teams working on Living Building Challenge projects. A subscription to the Living Building Challenge Community does not include the Institute or Cascadia membership, nor does the Institute or Cascadia membership include access to the Community. We are in the process of streamlining our membership program and our Living Building Challenge Community. We'll keep both parties posted with any new developments.
- Employees of USGBC or CaGBC member organizations ($75)
- Employees of the Institute/Cascadia sponsoring organizations ($75)
- Emerging Professionals aged under 30 years ($35)
- Elders aged 65 years or older ($35)
I am unemployed and I can't afford a regularly priced membership. Can you help me?
Yes! Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you.
How can I log in to the website?
At this time, Cascadia and Institute members are not provided with a log-in to our website. We are in the process of developing a unique web experience for our members and will keep all of our members up to date with any new developments
Do you offer discounts for bulk membership purchases?
Yes! Contact email@example.com to learn more.
Where can I find a full list of Cascadia / Institute members?
Right here! http://living-future.org/membership/status
Is my membership contribution tax deductible?
In the United States, both the Cascadia Green Building Council and the International Living Future Institute are registered 501(c)3 non-profit organizations. Your Cascadia and Living Future Institute membership contribution qualifies as a tax deductible donation in the United States. In Canada, the Cascadia Green Building Council 2008 Society is a registered charity. Your Cascadia membership contribution qualifies as a tax deductible donation in Canada.
Why should I join?
Together with our members, we seek to catalyze the transformation toward communities that are socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. Our members support the development and expansion of our vision for a Living Future, including the strategies embodied by the Living Building Challenge. Your membership:
- Announces your commitment to creating a Living Future.
- Makes us more effective when we advocate for local policies that support green building.
- Underwrites leading-edge education, advocacy and outreach.
- Helps advanced critical knowledge around The Living Building Challenge™.
- Strengthens your local green building community.
- Supports your professional development
I still have questions. What should I do?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and our membership team can help you out!