- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: May 24 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- May 24 2023
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Honoring Human-Nature Connection: Lessons from Biophilic Design Awards
Eleven projects have been chosen as finalists for the Stephen R. Kellert Biophilic Design Award, which recognizes achievements in the built environment that demonstrate the principles and benefits of biophilic design.
Join our next member webinar to learn more about select 2023 award finalists as well as the two award recipients.
This event will explore lessons in biophilic design, and will feature projects who sought to use biophilic design to connect people with their natural surroundings, create an homage to local landscapes, and impact the wellness of occupants ranging from firefighters managing PTSD to children living in hospice.
Attendees will learn about decisions made in the design process that supported human-nature connection, how project teams chose to focus their efforts on biophilic design, and the tangible benefits these decisions made on occupants and communities.
To learn more about the award, selection committee, and the 2023 finalists, visit our website.
- Erin Rovalo, Ph.D, VP of Community at the International Living Future Institute
- David Sorg and Landon Burg, OPN Architects
- Gijs Bruggink, ORGA Architects
- Additional 2023 finalists are also invited to attend and participate in Q&A
- Identify 11 architectural projects that successfully applied biophilic design to positively impact occupant wellness and create human-nature connection.
- Cite specific examples of the tangible benefits biophilic design decisions had on occupant wellness.
- Recognize why and how decisions were made in the design process to support human-nature connection.
- Recall the rationale for why project teams choose to focus their efforts on biophilic design.
This webinar is approved for 1 LFA General credit and 1 AIA LU|HSW.