- Timezone: Europe/Prague
- Date: Jan 25 2024
- Time: 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Jan 25 2024
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
What Tracking Reveals About Jobsite Emissions
Contractors are just beginning to track the emissions from their job sites, and many are finding much bigger impacts than presumed. BuildingGreen’s reporting cites estimates upwards of 20% of a project’s total embodied carbon. In some cases, that means construction choices may have a climate impact on par with choosing mass timber or low-carbon concrete.
In ILFI’s first member webinar of 2024, attendees will hear what the data has shown and why it is so difficult to develop average emission factors by region or construction type. The panel will also discuss ideas for making tracking jobsite emissions more common and proactively planning for low-carbon construction practices.
- Candace Pearson, Director of Integration at BuildingGreen
- Joan Gibbons, Construction Sustainability Manager at Lendlease
- Abigail Roberts, Sustainability Program Manager at Turner Construction
- Moderated by Inonge Mubita, ILFI Buildings Team
- Identify major drivers of construction emissions and how they differ by region and project type.
- Recognize why construction has been an overlooked source of embodied carbon.
- Name at least three strategies to reduce construction emissions.
- Propose solutions for addressing construction emissions.
- Understand the methodology and limitations of current tracking/reporting tools.
Approved for 1 LFA General credit and submitted for AIA CES approval.