IMAGINE products that regenerate nature and improve your quality of life.
Manufacturers are using the Living Product Challenge framework to rethink the way products are made. Instead of trying to be “less bad,” they are creating goods that have a positive impact.
DESIGN FOR THE FUTURE
Using the Living Product Challenge framework, you can create Living Products that are:
- Healthy and free of toxins
- Socially responsible and respects the rights of workers
- Net positive and benefit both people and the environment
The Living Product Challenge is organized into seven performance areas (Petals). Each performance area has a number of more detailed requirements (Imperatives).
Handprints measure the positive that a product causes across its life cycle, such as harvesting more
water and generating more energy than was required to make it.
Companies often try to communicate their impact in terms of footprints.
A footprint considers the negative impacts of all the processes needed to make something.
- Products have footprints
- Services have footprints
- People have footprints
- Organizations have footprints
Instead, we look at business in terms of Handprints.
Handprints are positive impacts we cause to happen relative to “business as usual.”
Living Product 50 (LP50)
The Living Product 50 (LP50) is a collaboration between fifty leading manufacturers that are working to create the world’s first Living Products.
The LP50 will focus on key leverage points to drive industry-wide change:
- Sharing innovative strategies and best practices
- Aggregating purchasing power by influencing supply chains
- Changing codes and standards to remove barriers
- Green chemistry innovation
The Chrysalis is a group of partner companies that are creating pilot Living Products. We’re collaborating with these companies on the ongoing development of the Living Product Challenge Standard.
The Ecosystem is composed of the leading product certification and sustainability consulting companies helping to scale the Living Product Challenge certify the world’s first Living Products.
Interested in joining our Ecosystem? Contact us
- Commit to a healthy world for your customers by following the highest standards of non-toxic responsible materials selection
- Show your commitment to producing materials in a socially responsible manner
- Prove that you value your employees by prioritizing an equitable workplace
- Ensure that the production of each and every project actually produces net positive benefits for human’s and the environment
- Reduce the impact of your product’s lifecycle
- Showcase your commitment to the healthy materials economy