The newly updated Reveal label communicates your building’s energy efficiency and renewable production and procurement (if any) in one beautiful, easy-to-understand package. It provides a verification of energy performance, including three separate metrics: energy use intensity, the zero energy performance index, and reduction in energy use from baseline.
Reveal also shows if the project meets the 2030 Challenge energy use reduction targets established by Architecture 2030.
What goes on your label
- Projects must have 12 months of verifiable energy consumption data (and production data if applicable). This data and a $750 labeling fee is all that is needed to obtain a Reveal label. To begin this process, email email@example.com.
- When the Reveal label is completed, a camera ready digital image of the label will be provided to the applicant. Physical labels, suitable for mounting in the building or elsewhere, are available for additional cost.
- The recently updated Reveal 2.0 label includes several important new metrics that measure energy performance, including energy use reduction from the 2030 Challenge baseline, onsite and offsite renewable energy generation, the Zero Energy Performance Index, and whether the project meets the 2030 Challenge targets.
Some of the most efficient buildings in the world, reducing their energy use by as much as 90% from average, go unnoticed and unheralded. Why? Because they lack a system for credibly demonstrating their outstanding performance. Reveal is intended to highlight these buildings, providing an elegant tool to demonstrate leadership in climate solutions.
- There are tens of thousands of buildings globally which operate far more efficiently than average, or include renewable energy but don’t have a mechanism for demonstrating their achievement. Reveal is designed as a low cost, low barrier-to-entry way for these important projects to get the exposure and credit they deserve.
- Your Reveal label will educate stakeholders about your building’s performance, boosting its visibility, transparency and sustainability profile.
- The newly updated Reveal label also operates as a verification tool for sustainability initiatives such as the 2030 Challenge and the AIA 2030 Commitment.
Who is Reveal for?
- Owners of highly efficient or renewable energy producing buildings who want to demonstrate the quality of their investment, and their commitment to a low carbon future.
- Architects and engineers who want to highlight their best performing buildings, and those designers wanting to demonstrate their project meets the 2030 Challenge targets.
- Cities, districts, and other communities wishing to highlight their best in class buildings in a high performance, catalyzing cohort.
Where does Reveal apply?
- All building types, energy sources and locations are eligible for Reveal. Projects do not need to produce renewable energy (though if they do, Reveal will show how much). There is no minimum or maximum threshold for energy efficiency for projects.
- Projects do not have to be certified under other ILFI programs.
How Does Reveal Work?
How does Reveal work?
- Projects must have 12 months of verifiable energy consumption data (and production data if applicable). This data, a $750 labeling fee, and an application are all that is needed to obtain a Reveal label. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
- When the Reveal label is completed, we’ll send you a high-quality digital file of your label. Physical labels, suitable for mounting in the building or elsewhere, are available for additional cost.
- Check out the latest collection of Revealed buildings.